Tasty Lamb Stew
We love the superb quality and taste of Irish meat and that’s why we use only 100% Irish Bord Bia approved Beef, Chicken and Lamb for our meals.
Our Lamb Tagine is a big favourite with our little Pip & Pear fans. Here is a tasty recipe for Lamb Stew for the whole family. (Always ensure not to add salt until you have removed a portion for baby)
- 350g Irish lamb – diced.
- 1 tbsp of plain flour
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 onion – sliced
- 1 leek – peeled & sliced
- 1 carrot – peeled & sliced
- 1 potato – peeled & cut into chunks
- 75g turnip – cut into chunks
- approx 300ml homemade chicken stock (or a reduced salt chicken salt).
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4.
- Place the lamb in a bowl and toss in the flour until evenly coated. Place half of this lamb into a medium sized casserole dish and add a little amount of thyme.
- Scatter over the sliced onions, leeks, carrots, potatoes and turnips and add another pinch of thyme. Place the remaining lamb and thyme on top.
- Pour in enough chicken stock to just about cover the contents of the dish and cover with the lid.
- Place in the oven for 1 1/2 hours until all ingredients are tender.
- For baby: Mash up one portion and place in a bowl.
- For family: Serve and season as required.