Risotto is a great dish for little ones (and for us adults too) our Rizzi Risotto is becoming very popular so we thought we would share a tasty risotto recipe for you to try at home 😀
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 200g sweet potato
- 200g chicken
- 2 carrot
- Vegetable or chicken stock (homemade with no added salt if possible, or a reduced salt option)
- 400g Arborio rice
- Large handful of frozen peas
- 150g grated parmesan cheese
- Sprinkling of chopped parsley
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and fry for 1 – 2 mins until soft.
- Add the sweet potato and cook for further 8 mins.
- Mash sweet potato and onion and add your chicken – allow to cook through and until browned (approx. 3 – 4 mins)
- Add your rice to the vegetables combo and cook for 1 minute, stirring all of the time.
- Now you can add enough hot stock to cover the rice, be sure to stir well. Reduce the heat and add more stock as it absorbs, always making sure to stir regularly. (25-30 mins)
- Add the frozen peas.
- Now your rice should be tender and soft all the way through.
- Stir through the parmesan cheese & parsley.
- For younger babies; blend to a desired consistency.
- Divide into portions, use leftover Pip & Pear pots 😉 and pop into the freezer.