We made these mini veg lasagnes in Pip & Pear HQ last week – they were eaten so fast we had to make a second batch just to make sure they were as delicious the second time around….they were! Perfect for dinner time or for the kids school lunches! Ratatouille Lasagne (Makes 12 Mini Lasagnes)
This recipe is an alternative use for our yummy ratatouille. For the ratatouille recipe please click here! We have also used our hidden veg sauce which you can also find by clicking here
- Ratatouille portion
- Hidden Veggie Sauce
- 250g Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- Cheese Sauce:
- 40g unsalted butter
- 3 tsp of flour
- 200 ml milk
- 125g Monetery Jack cheese
- Preheat Oven to 200°C
- Cook the Ratatouille as per previous recipe or defrost a portion from a previous batch cook.For the cheese sauce you will need to:
- Melt the butter in a pan on a low heat. Slowly add the flour and stir continuously until a paste has formed and continue to heat on low for one to two minutes
- Next, gently begin to add in the milk, adding little bits at a time and ensuring to remain whisking throughout. If the sauce is too thick, add more milk until the consistency is right. Finally, add in the cheese and stir until it melts.Now it’s time to bring it all together!To assemble the ratatouille lasagne cups you will need to:
- Lightly grease a muffin tray with flour
- Cut 12 circles from the lasagne sheets using a large scone cutter (or one of our stage four pots)
- Place all the circles into a bowl of boiling water to soften for two to three minutes to soften.
- Line each cup with a lasagne circle.
- Place a teaspoon of our hidden veggie sauce into the end of each cup (optional)
- Place a tablespoon of ratatouille into each cup and cover with a tablespoon of cheese sauce.
- Ensure that the cheese sauce comes to the top of cup to avoid the pasta going hard or burnt in the oven.
- Sprinkle cheese over each cup.
- Place the tray into the oven for 12-15 minutes
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow the lasagnes to cool before removing them from the tray to allow them to hold their shape.Enjoy!