We made this delicious bolognese in the Pipin Pear HQ and it went down a treat! The perfect dish for batch cooking for all the family! What makes it even better is you can make up a big batch and freeze it, they are then perfect to use for some of our other recipes!
Why not try
Suitable From: 7 months – consistency dependent
You Will Need
- 1tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 400g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp. gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp. tomato purée
- Tin of Tomatoes
- 125ml beef stock (low salt)
- Few thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- Weigh out all ingredients and dice vegetables into small chunks.
- Heat a large pan and fry the mince until browned. Put oil into the pan, add the vegetables and cook on a gentle heat until soft for about 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic, flour, herbs and tomato purée, increase the heat and cook for a few minutes, then add tinned tomatoes and crumble in a low sodium beef stock with 100ml of water or 100ml of homemade beef stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes. By this time the sauce should be thick and coating the meat.
- Check after about 30 minutes – if a lot of liquid remains, increase the heat slightly to reduce the sauce a little more. Remove the bay leaves and thyme stalks.
- Serve with baby pasta or set aside to cool and freeze in batches for future dinners.