With Winter well and truly here, we’re bringing to you our weekly slot of yummy, quick and easy and most importantly, nutritional Slow Cooker recipes to try and make life as easy as possible for those days and evenings where life takes over!
This week we have the perfect dish to finish off a cold day, a delicious Chicken Noodle Soup!
To Serve Four You Will Need:
- 700g boneless chicken
- 2 litres chicken stock (use reduced salt stock cubes or your own homemade stock)
- 4 cloves galic – minced
- 1 diced onion
- 3 chopped celery stalks
- 3 diced carrots
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 225g spaghetti
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste (no salt needed for baby’s portion!)
This recipe is suited to a large slow cooker – 5 litre. For smaller slow cookers, reduce the amount of stock by half.
- Pop the chicken into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add in the reduced salt chicken stock, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred. The easiest way to do this is with two forks.
- Pop the chicken back into the slow cooker and add in your spaghetti. Cover and cook on low for a further 30 minutes, or until the spaghetti is tender.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice.
- Remove portion for baby and blend to their preferred consistency.
- Season to taste for the remainder of the meal in the slow cooker.