With Winter well and truly here, we’re bringing to you our weekly slot of yummy, quick, easy and most importantly, nutritional Slow Cooker recipes to try and make life as easy as possible for those days where there just isn’t enough time.
If you don’t have a slow cooker then you need to get your hands on one. They are so handy and will lend you time away from the kitchen allowing you to get to that never ending to do list whilst gently cooking your delicious family meals.
This week we have a super simple spiced carrot and red lentil soup. This is perfect for all the family as a tasty and wholesome snack in the evenings or a warm and nutritious lunch during the day. Tasty!
To Serve Four You Will Need:
- 600g peeled and chopped carrot
- 140g split red lentils
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch of chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125ml milk
- 1 litre reduced salt vegetable stock (or make your your own here)
- Salt & Pepper to taste (no salt needed for baby’s portion!)
- Get out your slow cooker and pop in the carrots, cumin seeds, chili flakes, olive oil, red lentils, milk and vegetable stock.
- Set to low for 6 – 8 hours or high for 4 hours
- Once the carrots are soft, blend with a hand blender until smooth
- Serve with a side of wholesome brown bread (prepare little fingers of brown bread for the smallies – perfect for dunking and dipping) or with a a dollop natural yogurt.
Super simple! Yum!