Signs To Look Out For
What signs should I look out for to know if my little one is ready for potty training?
- You’re changing fewer nappies
- They become more regular with their bowel movements
- Your little one is more vocal about needing to use the bathroom – ‘MUM, I WANT TO DO A WEE WEE!!’
- Your little one may start to turn their nose up at having a dirty nappy
7 Top Tips
Top Tips For Potty Training
- Wait until your child is ready
- Take it one step at a time
- Get the right equipment!
- Don’t flush in front of them straight away – this sometimes can scare your little one into believing that part of them is being flushed away and they may become upset.
- Stop offering drinks at least one hour before bedtime
- Learn to recognise the signs that your little one needs the bathroom as they may not always vocalise it in time.
- Don’t worry about night time training at the start.