Broccoli & Salmon Mash
This is a great, wholesome recipe if you want to introduce oily fish into your baby’s diet, it is packed full of omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, and beta-carotene and is also delicious for adult meal time too
Makes approx. 6 portions suitable for freezing.
- 75ml water
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 10 small broccoli florets
- 100ml milk
- 100g fresh skinless salmon, filleted and de-boned (alternatively, use non-oily fish, such as haddock or cod)
- Place sweet potato and broccoli in a steamer over boiling water (or a pan with just enough water to cover veg) cover and cook for around 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Place the milk and fish in a pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 8 minutes, until cooked.
- Mash cooked fish, milk and drained vegetables together until you have reached required consistency.
- Check carefully for any bones.
- Scoop spoonfuls into ice cube trays or larger pots and freeze for those busy days!