Travelling With Pip and Pear Chilled Baby Food
Jetting away this Summer with your little ones in tow?
Pip and Pear has you covered when it comes to handy and wholesome meal solutions!
Read on for helpful feeding tips while on holidays and how to travel with Pip and Pear Chilled Baby Food.
Prepare in advance:
Keep it cool: Pip and Pear is a chilled baby food range and so is very different to the long shelf life jars and pouches that you will find next to the nappies in the baby aisle. Pip and Pear has a short shelf life of 28 days and is available in the dairy fridge, next to the kids yogurts.
You will need to ensure your Pip & Pear pots are kept cool while travelling and also when you arrive.
- Purchase a cooler bag – This is essential for the journey to your destination as you will be packing your Pip & Pear pots into a cooler bag with a frozen ice block. If you’re lucky enough to have a Pip & Pear Cooler Bag then you’ll be travelling in style!! If not, you can pick some great cooler bags up in Pennys and Argos for €5 – €15.
- Ice blocks – These are also essential! Euro Giant have a very handy three pack of ice blocks for just €1.50! Freeze these ice blocks before you travel and then pack in your cooler bag – this will ensure your Pip & Pear stays chilled until you arrive.
- Pop in the fridge: Before you leave, be sure to request there is a fridge in your hotel room/apartment that you can use a fridge on site so that when you arrive you can refrigerate your Pip & Pear for the duration of the holiday.
Flying with Pip & Pear
You can pack your cooler bag in your checked in baggage. If you are not checking in a bag, please be sure to check with the airline’s policy prior to departure regarding bringing baby food on board.
We recommend travelling with Pip & Pear in a cooler bag with ice blocks for a flight duration of 3-4 hours and no longer.
Now that you have your ‘essentials’ sorted, here are our two tips for preparing your little one’s meals while away.
- Keep Chilled: If you’re planning a day trip and will be away from the apartment, then plan ahead and freeze your ice block the night before. That way you can bring your little one’s favourite Pip & Pear out and about and when lunch time rolls around, simply ask a café to heat as per instructions on the pot – order a cocktail while you’re at it, you’re on holidays!!
- Heat me up: As we mentioned above, all information is on our pots and we highly recommend heating our meals. Pip & Pear is just like homemade food and so it would be the same if you ate a prepared meal cold – it’s just not as tasty or enjoyable. Remember to always stir thoroughly and check temperature before serving as microwaves can vary in different countries.
On the Menu
Breakfast: Our Banana Blue is a delicious puree and is great for all ages. Stir through baby rice or dollop a few spoonfuls into natural yoghurt, each pot of Banana Blue has two of your little one’s five a day fruit and veg portions and contains no added sugar, salt or additives!
Lunch & Dinner: Pack a selection of Pip & Pear so that your little one enjoys a variety of flavours and textures while away. Each stage includes three tasty and wholesome dishes to choose from – be sure to have a taste also! Pip and Pear is gently cooked using Irish meat and poultry and organic fruit and vegetables – just like you would cook at home!
Our new pots are even handier – re-use them to store fruit or snacks for fun days at the beach!
We love to hear feedback and we love it even more when we receive pics of Pip & Pear on tour with our happy fans, be sure to take a snap and send it on as every so often we like to reward our fans with Pip & Pear goodies!!
If you have any questions about Pip & Pear just give us call on 051-872685, message us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or send us an email email@example.com
Have a fantastic holiday!!
The Pip & Pear Team xx