Cottage Pie is a firm favourite here at the Pip & Pear HQ. This recipe is an alternative use of our delicious bolognese base and is sure to go down a treat with the whole family!
Still have some Bolognese left over? Why not try our Cheesy Bolognese Puffs? Perfect for lunchboxes!
Suitable From: 7 months – consistency dependent
Makes: 1 medium pie
- Bolognese Base
- 450g potatoes, peeled & chopped (3 medium potatoes)
- 50ml milk
- 5g butter
- 25g strong cheddar, grated
- Make the Bolognese using the previous recipe
- Using a steamer over boiling water (or a pan with just enough water to cover potatoes) cover and cook the potatoes for approx. 15 -20 minutes.
- Mash well with the milk and butter.
- Take out your cooled Bolognese and spoon the meat into an ovenproof dish (leaving the meat to cool stops the potato sinking when spread on top).
- Preheat your oven to 220C/200C fan/gas
- Spoon on the mash to cover and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put in the oven to cook for 15 to 20 mins, or until golden.