Beetroot is certainly a vegetable that many of us tend to overlook, unless we’re slicing it into a salad we tend to find very little uses for this oh so nutricious veg…until now!
We absolutely love this Beetroot Hummus recipe from ful-filled (check out their website for more inspiring recipes) not only is it a beautiful vibrant colour and an amazing addition to any party table, beetroots are also rich in vitamin A & C and provides us with a good source of iron, folic acid and fibre – excellent!!
- 3 small or 2 medium roasted beets
- (1) can chickpeas, with skins removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp fine grain salt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- parsley for garnish
- olive oil for garnish
For The Beetroot:
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees/Gas Mark 7
- Remove greens from fresh beetroots and rinse each beetroot with water
- Wrap in tin foil and roast for 45mins-1 hour
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, then peel.
- If you want perfectly smooth hummus then you must remove the outer skin from the chic peas, this will take a little more time but the result is great!
- Add the roasted beetroots to the food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Once the beetroots are well chopped, add the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and tahini to the food processor and blend until well combined.
- Last, add the olive oil to the food processor and blend until hummus is perfectly smooth
- Spoon hummus into a serving dish, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and top off with fresh or parsley – delicious!
Spread your beetroot hummus on fresh bread, top with sliced avocado and a sprinkle of parsley – delightful!