Weaning is an exciting journey and if you’re a food lover then the idea of introducing your little one to the wonderful world of flavour is going to be important to you.
Watching the delight and surprise when they taste their first veg or fruit pureé is very special – have your camera at the ready to capture those hilarious reactions!!
Many of us are determined to prepare and cook our little one’s meals from scratch and although time consuming, sometimes there is nothing better than knowing you have a freezer filled with delicious home-cooked and nourishing meals ready and waiting to be enjoyed by your little foodie!!
Today we will share with you some helpful tips for your next batch cooking session – we hope they come in handy!
Helpful tips to try out for your next marathon session in the kitchen!
- Save time – Make friends with your food processor/nutribullet – there is no need (or time) to chop onions, carrots, parsnips finely – pop them into the processor and blitz – magic!
- Frozen or fresh – frozen vegetables are huge time savers and just as nutritious as fresh – carrots, spinach, broccoli, sweetcorn, cauliflower, peppers and more – keeping these in stock will no doubt come in incredibly handy!
- Family meals – when cooking something like a lasagna or cottage pie – cook extra and store the beef and veg mixture in your baby pots – these can be lifesavers and will just need the quick addition of rice or pasta to complete the meal.
- Ice cube trays – no doubt you have heard this tip before but just in case – filling an ice cube tray with a combination of fruit and veg pureés works a dream – simply pop out and defrost and watch those first few weeks of weaning fly by stress free!
- Pots & portion sizes – did you know you can reuse your Pip & Pear pots? Well now you know – our handy pots are the perfect portion size for your little foodie – so reuse and recycle!
- Masking tape – label your pots with masking tape & marker – the tape will stay legible in the freezer so that next time you won’t confuse your pot of purred carrot with yummy bolognese!
- Recipes – have a selection of tried and tested recipes at the ready. You could even make a little weaning booklet with you and your little one’s fav recipes, funny weaning moments & more which will make a cute addition to their baby book!
Check out further advice on home cooking and try our selection of age appropriate recipes here!