Add some colour to your little one’s diet with this vibrant green pesto! Super easy to make, this delicious homemade pesto livens up any dish! We’ve listed two measurements. One for if you’re making enough pesto for one dish and another if you’re making a batch of pesto. While batch cooking saves time during the week, we understand that the thoughts of feeding your little ones pesto and pasta all week can be dull. Therefore, we’ve utilized this pesto recipe in alternative recipes. See our Creamy Pesto Twists and Pesto & Pea Muffins for more recipe inspiration.
- 50g/150g Breadcrumbs
- 50g/150g fresh basil
- 1/2/ 1 garlic clove
- 100ml/200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 35g/100g parmesan cheese
- Good squeeze of lemon
*The Pipin Pear difference*
Most recipes recommend that you lightly toast your breadcrumbs before use. We have tried both methods and massively prefer not toasting the breadcrumbs. We feel it gives the pesto a smoother texture and is a lot more kid friendly.
- Pop all of the ingredients, except oil, into the blender and blitz until smooth.
- Slowly add in the olive oil until you have reached your desired consistency. This is up to personal preference. You can use more or less than olive oil listed.
- Taste and if needed, add an extra squeeze of lemon.
- Use straight away or pop into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze in your freezer.
- Serve and enjoy!