Who doesn’t enjoy a shortcut? I think we can all agree there is never enough hours in the day to get our many random jobs accomplished and so a little life hack will ALWAYS come in handy!
If you have just begun the joyous weaning journey then read on, these quick and helpful tips are most certainly for you!!
- When starting to wean, begin with a spoon or two a day and choose a day and time that you both have energy to start something new – a little planning goes a long way.
- Introduce new flavours in combination with familiar flavours. This also goes for thicker and lumpier food, when moving onto the next stage, try your little one on a dish that you know they enjoy.
- People will offer advice, all of the time! “I did it with my child and it didn’t do them any harm” you know what we mean. This can be frustrating and our advice is to response simply with
“I might do that / I didn’t know that / I never thought of that” and then change the subject.
Later when you have had time to think about it you might agree or disagree,
but either way you may have saved yourself an argument!
- To soften your baby’s food you can use; breastmilk or formula milk, vegetable water – with no added salt or cooled boiled water.
- For your own batch cooking, use masking tape for easy labels, they stay on in the freezer and don’t leave a mess when you take them off; write the name of the food and the date it was made.
- Finally, although this may be an obvious one, for busy days have a pot of Pipin Pear in your fridge or freezer (yes, you can freeze our range!) and you will always have a back up of natural and wholesome food for your little one.