Mmm Cheesy Bolognese Puffs – the ultimate comfort food! These puffs are perfect for lunch or dinner – ideal for the lunch boxes! This recipe is a great way to batch cook our yummy bolognese base and have it ready to go!
Still have some Bolognese left over? Why not try our Cottage Pie recipe?
Suitable From: 1 Year
Makes: 12 servings
You Will Need
- Bolognese Base
- Ready to Roll Puff Pastry Sheet
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 cup of grated Cheese
This recipe is an alternative use for our yummy Bolognese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c
- Layout the puff pastry and cut it into 12 even squares
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the cooled Bolognese in the centre of each square and sprinkle each with a little cheese
- Brush the edges of the pastry with milk and then fold over and pat down the edges using a fork.
- Cut a slit in the top of each pastry to allow steam to escape and use a pastry brush to glaze with milk or a beaten egg.
- Place the twelve puffs on a baking tray that is lined with parchment paper and sprinkle them with cheese.
- Place the tray into the oven for 20 minutes until the pies are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.