Preparing a butternut squash can be daunting. Even the shape of it puts you off.
How do I cut it?
Do I put it on its side to cut….maybe if I stand it upright it’ll be easier…
Do I peel it?
Ah I can’t peel it!
Worry no more! Preparing and cooking a butternut squash for your little one couldn’t be easier by following our simple steps!
How to prepare and bake a butternut squash – without needing to go to the gym!
- Place the whole squash into the microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes. This’ll make the first cut much easier!
- Using a sharp knife, cut the Squash in half, lengthways.
- Scoop out all the seeds!
- Place the two pieces of squash flat side down into an oven proof dish and pop in about 2 inches of water.
- Cook at 200℃ for about 40 minutes, or until the outside looks a dark colour.
- Take it out of the oven and leave to cool for a bit.
- Scoop out the insides and pop it into a blender. Add some water as necessary and purée away.
- Pop into a Pip & Pear container or small containers you have at home.
- Once cooled, you can keep in the fridge for 24 hours or pop into the freezer for later use!